Sunday, September 14, 2008

Evolution of Catering

I have to say that my catering history has made great leaps and bounds! I used to stay till the last light was on, now, I cook,setup and leave. I did a 95 year old birthday party for a grandmother of a former boss. She was a lively gal, who danced her heart away to "Brick House"! Served two kinds of spagetti sauce on over the counter pasta, organic greens with cherry tomatos, artichoke hearts, avacado, and sprinkle of carrots. Garlic bread. Simple. Easy and cheap. Had a wonderful helper, Gwen our new next door neighbor from New Orleans.

So, my daughter on the other hand did a wedding the same day in Napa. Her menu consisted of several hor's devours.... lovely salad bar with 4-5 different salads and a cold cut buffet. LOTTA work, not so much $$ and my bet is that she is still recovering, and stayed till the lights went out.

Our particular species just doesn't progress so much... but I have to say that our food is great just the way it is and that is not worth evolving from!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it weird to do your own event and then help me hobble around playing dress up in your high heeled shoes asking for help on the same day?

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm the smart one, I develop recipes with all the resources in need to make whatever I want and teach other how to do it and am home by 5 o'clock. yeah for cushy cooking jobs!!