Saturday, February 14, 2009

180 is a good degree of of change

Things can change and things usually do. I am in the middle of a visit to North Carolina for a first time intro to Rebekah, my newest grandbaby. She is most precious and of great value to everyone. She single handily changed Scott and Mary's life. Those are her parents and quite smitten with her as well. She pretty much rules the roost, which is not a bad thing as she doesn't have a hidden agenda *straight forward, feed me, change me, hold me and love me* doesn't get much easier than that. However her MO can change at a wink of her eye and so, change is good or not considering who is changing. I love the "rules" of first time parents, like myself, which start out with all good things intended but as the brood grows, get abandoned in the long run. Change is good.
I love all that encompasses with being a parent and the family dynamics of those close to you. Everyone has an opinion, and some feel more justified in expressing their "wise words". I guess the bottom line is your children are under your stewardship and anything you end of doing is what you think is best. I think it is best to give them Independence, love, and confidence. Those are my wise words, if anyone is listening! And I am NOT changing that tune!

No comments: