Monday, June 16, 2008

The changes we make in our life....

Well, this is the third entry of my blog and I think I am getting the hang of it. I was scolded by my daughter for not entrying every day, but that discipline will take a while.

Change is one of those things that sometimes you embrace and other times it seeks you out, hunts you down, and attacks your will and bam! you have to change. I know some people claim they love change, but I think those few are the ones where they have avoided the 'pounching change dogs' and made the change just in time. I have changed my weight, my hair color, my employment (whew! lots'o'times), my name, my address (between ages 17 and 25 I moved 28 times!), the amount of my own teeth in my mouth, shoe sizes *see number one on this list*, my nail color, my share of diapers, my license plates, and occasionally my mind. I have reinvented myself several times in the work force and couple of times in my personal life.
My boss at work says we have to be "Gumbies" in real life...you know, flexible! I hope that I always keep the attitude of "change for the better" as the progression road to happiness. I have to say, I am happy. I have made many changes that have brought me happiness. One of the biggest ones is tolerance over things I can't change.

Change forces us to see perspective. Lots of perspective. Someone else's perspective. In a world where it is rough to find a port in the storm, finding a different perspective can really sooth the savage in us.

This is turning out to be "cliche" city and I am not sure that is my intent.

I know that looking back in my 58 years, I have resisted change and welcomed it. The best is when you see it coming, acknowledge it, hold on tight and scream if you have to ~ but remember it will be over soon and then you get to do it again!!! Roller coasters, life and change!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!! You wrote another one! I really liked this entry and I think I know where it's coming from... I'm glad we've talked so much lately and have time to discuss the important stuff lately. I love you;)