Sunday, June 8, 2008

In the beginning.....

It seems I have gone the way of my daughter and started a blog.

That being said, I have to bring up the whole "security" words used here and in other sites..you know the "type the word as you see it to get further into this site" words presented in outlined boxes. Well, I am here to say that those words don't exist. I just used ~ 'gumade' and 'attizb' to get this far and I have never heard of these words let along know what they mean. It reminds me of a sick game I used to do as a child (rather annoying then too) where at bedtime in the lower bunk (*I hated that) I would bait my sister by saying, "Chris, what does xrerbc spell?" at which point she being very tired would exasperately say, "Nothing". "Ok, what does weruikl spell?" Answer from Chris? "Nothing". Here is the punch.... "I thought xrerbc spelled 'nothing'". On and on I would go until the "MOTHER!!!" cut off call from Chris and then I would pretend to be blissfully asleep. I am thoroughly surprized I lived to tell that story!

I live in Santa Cruz, CA with my wonderful, patient and talented husband of over 7 years, David.

I have lived in Santa Cruz twice. Once from 1982 to 1992 and then again from 2002 until now. It is truly a wonderful, magical place. Full of diversity (another word for nuts) and incrediable landscape.

I always have taken this area for granted until I lived in Rhode Island, an equally "diverse" place but with seasons like Spring, Summer, Fall and WINTER! I did like that part believe it or not and sometimes I just sit in my shower with the water barely running to remind myself of the humidity and heat. Ahh yes, Rhode Island.

I also lived in the "armpit" of California, Modesto for 11 weeks until the cultural police came and took me back to San Francisco. Spent some time there before settling into Redwood City where I started my culinary career. Unlikely place, but it worked and I was a professional food person in various roles for over 25 years.

I suppose I will continue this blog as the memories, thoughts and war stories continue. Until next time, remember, you too can indulge in new sport of baring all!!!

Until next time, be a terrific pig...ah I mean have a great day!

3 comments:

Rella said...

It's good to know a little bit more about you, Care'n, so keep up the blog! I wrote a bit of one on MySpace but I rarely ever go there. I know Katie has one at blogspot.com. I didn't realize Stephanie had one though. TTFN!
Cindi

Unknown said...

Yay Mama!! I thought you would love to have a blog. It's so fun isn't it? Pretty soon.... maybe even now, you'll be thinking about it all the time and want write in it all the time. I'll put you in my links. Love ya!!!

p.s. I had to spell bhdlznkf

David said...

Hi Honey!

I just had a BIG comment that got lost when I was trying to post, so, I will just say "cool blog" and see YOU soon!!

Your Husband, Me!!